hibiscus

Discussion in 'Hibiscus' started by Rhonda310, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Rhonda310

Rhonda310 Member

Sorry, folks
    Don't know if my plant should be inside or out but since I'm in an apartment I'm hoping for the former. The blooms are beautiful and plentiful but the glossy, dark green leaves are drooping so badly they almost curve down to touch the wood branch.
    No idea what to do!!
    Apologies to those of you who are experts.
    Hoping someone can help.

2. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

Maybe some helpful info if you use "search" box for "hibiscus" near top of this page, in black border.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've moved this to the Hibiscus forum. Have a read through the posts in this forum - I thought this issue was touched on in the past, but perhaps not.

Are the leaves dropping or colouring, or simply wilting?

4. Rhonda310

Rhonda310 Member

Many thanks for the help.

5. mikeyinfla

mikeyinfla Active Member

i did a quick response earlier but reading better dark glossy green leaves would be a tropical hibiscus. drooping could be from over watering or maybe an insect problem. i did see a la luna tropical hibiscus with large orange blooms with a bit of red in them i did a google search. but pretty sure with dark glossy leaves it is a tropical or (hibiscus rosa sinensis) if the soil is wet they donot like wet feet at all moist soil yes but wet is bad for them. and check under the leaves for any insects.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007