Good news , we turn over a new leaf.

Discussion in 'Maples' started by opusoculi, Oct 15, 2015.

1. opusoculi

opusoculi Rising Contributor 10 Years

xenForo and automn fall are coming together ,
    Happy new year every one , have a tremendous spread .

maf likes this.
  2. opusoculi

Freemanii-1.JPG

maf likes this.
  3. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Great to see the forums up and operating, and looking great. Hey you can drag and drop pics too!
    Thanks again to UBC and staff.

Here are some colors from A. capillipes 'Honeydew' and A. japonicum 'Emmet's Pumkin.' Not taken today it is nasty and raining hard, plus has been very cold for the season...

-E

Attached Files:

Schattenfreude and maf like this.
  4. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Nice to see the forum up and running again, must admit it's looking very slick and modern now, like all the new options and larger print format easier to read for me!!
    emery like the 'Emmets pumpkin very pretty wouldn't mind one of those are they easy to come by?
    Hope every one is having a very colourful Autumn at the moment , my trees are in full flow now and are showing amazing colours at present with alot of the older trees just waiting to start to change.

Up loaded one picture of a Hogyoku just to see how easy it is to do now, very straight forward and simple.

Attached Files:

maf likes this.
  5. emery

@ROEBUK I got mine from Esveld, I think it's a fairly new cultivar though. Seems very vigorous so far.

Sad to say I've had to cut about half of my Hogyoku last week, wilt from extreme conditions this summer...

maf likes this.
  6. maf

maf Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Good to see the forum back up!

Seems like the new software is ..... more modern ..... and will take some getting used to ...

7. Schattenfreude

Schattenfreude Active Member

Emery,
    Your Emmet's Pumpkin is gorgeous!! Moving it from my "maybe" list to my "must have" list!!
    Would you please post your pic under the Maple Gallery for Emmet's Pumpkin? The pics there are rather bland compared to yours!

Kevin in KC

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  8. opusoculi

ROEBUK said," i like all the new options and larger print format easier to read for me!" Yes , my eyes are very pleased with. Good design and ergonomics.

New leaf or new leaves , , ,
    A new post is open, the title is more clear.

Ueno-yama, dandy dancer under old Birch-trees is also posted in.

Attached Files:

9. ROEBUK

[

Sad to say I've had to cut about half of my Hogyoku last week, wilt from extreme conditions this summer...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that was this down to hot and sunny conditions? or something totally different,would be interested to know so i could keep an eye on mine and what to look for in the future.
    Another one of my Hogyokus but in the ground and just starting to turn nicely now, another week to ten days and this should have gone the lovely orange colour which they are known for.

Attached Files:

10. emery

I'm guessing it was that. We had quite a drought with very hot conditions off and on, but mostly it was dry as dry. Because this tree was very well established and hadn't shown any leaf stress it didn't get watered. But I guess it was all too much and by the end of August the unmistakable signs of verticillium were visible. I just hope I've taken off enough. It certainly is unbalanced looking now though! Too bad as I hadn't seen wilt with this one before, it was a good healthy grower.

We'll see how it recovers next year...

cheers,

-E

11. ROEBUK

Must say that i do exactly the same with around eight of my trees which have been in the ground since i started, that is i don't tend to water them when i water all the others that surround them!! just seem to think that they look ok so I've no need to water them, and then i only water them when i can be bothered to get the hosepipe out, all the other trees are watered by hand with a can!!!

Recently i lifted a large Vitifolium and the week prior to this it rained solidly for two days,i thought that when i dug the tree up the ground would be very muddy and claggy and messy ,but i was amazed to see just how dry the root ball was after all the rain we had.

Hope yours recovers.