Gloxinia

Discussion in 'Flower Mandalas Project' started by dbookbinder, Jan 25, 2005.

1. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Suggestions for a complementary quote, a word that these mandala images evoke, or some history or other information about the flower itself are most welcome, as are corrections to my flower identification if I've got it wrong and any other comments you'd care to make.

I'd also appreciate identification of the specific cultivar, if applicable.

Thanks,
    - David
    © 2005, David J. Bookbinder

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hey David, you've manipulated the colour on this one more than the others. Interesting choice. You really can't tell the image originated as a flower. My response to the image is "Siva's dance".

3. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Thanks. The actual colors didn't seem to be working that well, so I played around. Perhaps I'll do more of this -- another evolution. I felt it had a Hindu quality to it, too, with these colors.

4. BillofNYC

"The entire pattern swirls in its complexity like smoke in sumbeams or the rippling networks of sunlight in shallow water" Alan Watts

5. ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Member

color manipulations

wow indeed. i was shocked to see the mandala not carry the color of the original - and frankly i prefer where the mandala matches the main color of the orig flower - after all it is their vibrancy that i think lends itself so divinely to these images which are otherwise nice but no longer as organic. which is how i read the previous comment that this image no longer retains the obvious concept of the flower. but that is simply my opinion. As Levar Burton used to say, "...don't take my word for it..."