Alpine Garden: Gladiolus palustris

Discussion in 'Photographs' started by Justin Moore, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Justin Moore

Justin Moore Active Member 10 Years

UBC Accession #34557-170-1998
    Photo by Justin Moore
    Section Europe
    June 19, 2002

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2003
  2. Cephalotus

Cephalotus Member

Is there any possibility to receive any seeds of this species? I was searching for it so long and couldn't find it anywhere for sale. I hoped that maybe I could find any help here.

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

We don't sell seeds mail order from the garden. I did a quick Google search for "gladiolus palustris seed" and got a few results where it was for sale. Give that a try.

4. Cephalotus

Cephalotus Member

The problem is I also have found seeds and plants for sale of this species, but all of them were mistaken with G. imbtricatus or G. communis or had no photo. It is not hard to understand me, that I do not want to buy seeds of mistaken species and wait 4-5 years or more to get sure whether or not it the right species. When I found your photo I was so excited, that finally I have found someone, who has the real species and I can find contact with.

I thought that you probably won't like to sell any smallest amount of its seeds, but maybe there is a slight chance you will do a swap? I already have sown all seeds I had, but maybe next year it will be possible. I have waited 5 years, I can wait one more. I also can get some seeds. Is there anything you are looking for? This year I have send many seeds of Crocus scepusiensis to Botanical Garden in Argentina. :)