Get a photo from google, from flickr

Discussion in 'The Test Bed' started by wcutler, Sep 24, 2016.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Here is a photo from google
    Q7w3mogeg0ec_JcyVCLwDbi-WvO8OcOFPm0o3aneO96BVkHhUv-Y3Zu6zchLwopACxcA5ITMHtgCIQ=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

Here is one from flickr:
    [​IMG]Hmm, tried this twice from the Image button, paste image URL.
    OK, here's a more convoluted way to get the link, by clicking Share, Imbed (in flickr)
    [​IMG]
    OK this is the share link, which is not going to work:
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure it's linking to the page, and this wants just the photo.
    This is the Download link from flickr, pasted in when I click the Image button, paste the URL. These say you can click to enlarge them, but they don't enlarge AND you don't get the mouse-over names AND when you right click to download them, you don't get the names either.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  2. wcutler

So I wondered whether I could add photos to the gallery, then paste them in and get the names. I was unable to get the first one, the google one, into the gallery. It didn't like the name, that has no extension.

The flickr one, from the Download link, doesn't work from the page link:
    OK, how does this work? I'm seeing the code, maybe it will resolve. It does have the photo name. Edited: and it also shows the photo name on mouse-over on the status line or whatever that's called at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  3. wcutler

And the get from google (actually is Picasaweb, but now the screen says Google; I'm sure when I got there the first time directly from Picasa it said picasaweb) doesn't even have a Link location option in Edge; it did in Firefox. So in Edge, I tried Copy, and it pasted here. But it won't upload to a media album. Hmm, looks like I'm also getting a thumbnail this time. [Edited] No, the thumb went away. It showed a filename, but not MY filename.

upload_2016-9-24_22-57-0.png