Fall 2010 Plant Swap - Lower Mainland (Burnaby)

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Plant Swaps and Meetups' started by Candy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Candy

Candy Active Member

Hi! My neighbour and I (South Burnaby--just east of Metrotown) would like to co-host a plant swap this fall. I see that last fall's was mid-October, so was thinking a similar date would work for this year, probably on a Sunday early afternoon.

If you're interested, post a follow up.

I'll re-post once I hear from a few people.

2. jackietai

jackietai Member

I am interested. Please keep me posted once your date and venue is confirmed.

Thank you.

Mrs. Jacqueline young
    Port Coquitlam

Email : jackietai@yahoo.com

3. tiger_lily

tiger_lily Active Member 10 Years

I would be interested, if I can make it.

Lily

4. lduggan

lduggan Member

Great idea! I'm sorry to see so few responses. Have you thought of posting on freecycle vancouver? and even craigs list? I think you'd get some interest there also.

I'd love to participate, but I work fri-mon.s from noon on, and don't drive so couldn't make it even in a.m.

Any thoughts about letting people 'swap' on different days/times?

I guess the prob.s would be:
    more work for coordinator i.e. you and friend;
    would have to work on honour system;
    everyone should have sim numbers of plants to swap and or not care if they donate more than receive?

as a renter i only have tiny space for containers, so perhaps i wouldn't be able to offer much of interest to those with gardens.

but i'm a big fan of plant sharing/rescuing/swapping and hope more people get into it.
    I would be happy to pick=up donated/swapped plants at later time even if it risked health of plants.
    i've 'rescued' hardy geraniums, sedums, bleeding hearts and many succulents from garbages and refuse piles on roadsides, and they're all happily established in my container garden.

perhaps to reduce your work, there could be a pick up/drop off location? community center steps?

just shooting off ideas, don't mean to pile on work for you.

good luck with your great idea, whatever may come...

Layla

5. dt-van

dt-van Active Member 10 Years

I'm interested, but it depends how much time I have to remove surplus plants. keepp me posted