Epiphyllum questions

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by soccerdad, Oct 8, 2007.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
  2. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

You should be able to get them in Richmond at the nursery whose name I forget located in quonset huts on the south side oF Westminster highway around #5 ROAD - MAYBE 1/2 MILE EAST OF WHERE wESTMINSTER CROSSES OVER HIGHWAY 99. tHEY HAD SOME LAST YEAR, ANYWAY. i HAVE NOT SEEN THEM ANYWHERE ELSE.

3. vicarious1

Do you mean Phoenix Perennials?

4. soccerdad

No. Phoenix are not on Westminster highway and they are not in quonset huts. This is a Chinese place. I think the name is just initials - TGH nursery, LKP nursery, whatever.

5. soccerdad

If I have done this right, attached is a photo of one of the blooms that I finally got.

Attached Files:

6. vicarious1

Brillant beautiful

7. Tess

Tess Member

Hello everyone, is that a variety of orchid cactus? My mom had one but I can't tell from the photo if it is or isn't. I grow epi.s, Christmas cactus and Easter cactus. The way we have always done to get them to bloom is to gradually back down on water from 1-2 times a week to 1 weekly, and on down til we let them go dormant, place them in a dark room or closet from about mid September til about mid November for Christmas cactus and the same for Easter cactus from mid December til mid March. Tend to get amazing amounts of blooms. We get extremes in cold and heat here, I live NC, rain and drought as well. Epi.s are almost always grown inside or on the porch in the shade in summer and then come in. I will be receiving orchid cactus cuttings soon and I can't wait.