Dwarf Lemon Tree - Sudden wilting.

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Apoorva Shenoy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Apoorva Shenoy

Apoorva Shenoy New Member

Hi all!

About 8-10months ago I brought a lemon tree home. While the plant never bore any fruit, it was beautiful and green. I would water when the soil dried up and the tree kept growing - until last week. I think the weather became too warm over the last week and I should've watered more. The plant suddenly wilted. The leaves are brown, dried up and droopy. But the leaves are still intact.

I am sorry sad and worried. Please guide me! How do I save my tree?

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

You seem to take care not to over-water so the problem is then likely to be drought that caused the leaves to droop. There's not much that can be done other than applying some TLC. Irrigate and make sure the medium is moist (but not wet) throughout then water again only when it has become somewhat dry; the tree will require much less moisture than before because of the leaf loss. Hopefully the droopy leaves will firm up again to help in the tree's recovery. When that happens give the tree as much light as possible. Do not fertilize until sometime after the tree has put out new growth.

3. Apoorva Shenoy

Apoorva Shenoy New Member

Thank you Junglekeeper! Will keep you posted. :)

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Also, make sure any new growth is that of the scion and not of the rootstock. Remove growth from the latter as it appears. Good luck.