Asian Garden: Disanthus cercidifolius

Discussion in 'Photographs' started by Daniel Mosquin, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

UBC Accesion #18181-0068-1978
    Photo by Daniel Mosquin

Attached Files:

2. Excellent pic of Fall color !!! Does that particular plant ever set viable seed ? I have had difficulty acquiring this plant , do you know anyone that sells small seedlings of the disanthus ?? TIA for any / all input .

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'm not certain if the Shop in the Garden sells seeds or seedlings from this plant, but I'll forward the message. Yes, it does have excellent fall colour.

Another photograph:

October 18, 2003
    Photo by Daniel Mosquin

I'm taking several photographs of this plant as I'm hoping to use one for the front or back cover of the next issue of the Davidsonia, which is going to feature an article on fall colour.

Attached Files:

• disa.jpg
      disa.jpg
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Big Dipper Farm

I just saw this plant being sold at big dipper farm's website :)
    I did a search for further info and found this site.

http://www.bigdipperfarm.com/

Heidi S

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2003
  5. Daniel Mosquin

This reminds me - I checked with the UBC Shop in the Garden and they don't have seed or seedlings for this plant.

6. Daniel Mosquin

7. Daniel Mosquin

Same accession
    Photo by Daniel Mosquin
    October 12, 2004
    (Canon 300D)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  8. Daniel Mosquin

Same accession
    Photos by Daniel Mosquin
    October 10, 2004
    (Canon 300D)

Attached Files:

9. Greer Gardens sells this one, probably also Forest Farm. You can purchase online from both places. I have had one of these plants for about 3-4 years. I am not impressed especially after reading how spectacular they are. Mine gets some morning sun but shade the rest of the day. Maybe not enough sun in Eugene, Oregon. In any case, I am disappointed in it.

10. The plant will be at the flower and garden show in Seattle at white picket Gardens