cranberry & pomegranates cuttings

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by leegardener, May 30, 2009.

1. leegardener

leegardener Member

Due to rising costs, I started the process of making my garden less ornamental and more fruit productive. I planted blackberries, blueberries and rasberries and they have come in nicely.
    I want to plant cranberry bushes, pomegranate and grapes this year as well. Grapes can be had easily from the local home improvement store or nursery but I cannot find the others.
    Can anyone help me as to where to go for healthy good cuttings? I have not tried rooting plants before. Will I have to do anything special? Thanks.

2. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

Look up nursuries from your local area. Talk with them about cuttings for the type of plants that produce well in your climate based on your desired taiste. If they don't carry it, look into growers on the internet that ship and ask them if they carry your desired cuttings and procedures for successful growth. Did I help? Hope so.

3. leegardener

leegardener Member

I have checked all the nurseries and they don't have them. They don't do anything like it and I am trying to find some further north that might have them.
    I was hoping that someone else was cultivating them. It looks like they are only done commercially or they have such large plants that they are too price prohibitive.
    I saw someone got cuttings a while ago through someone on your web and was hoping they could direct me.
    I am on the hunt and will not give up! Thanks for your help.

4. Acoma

Acoma Active Member

Try this source. The only affordable online option.
    TyTy Nursery 229-388-9999. You can go to their website to check out further. As for grapes, that is obtainable anywhere.

5. leegardener

leegardener Member

Thanks so much for the info! The prices look good for a reasonable sized plant. This looks like the only lead I have on getting them. This will be a great help.

The site leaves much to be desired for gardeners because they don't have much info on the actual plants, maturity size, quantity of fruit born and taste and they have too much artsy/advertising pictures and not enough of the actual plants. I hope I get more info when I call. Thanks again.