BC Landscape and Nursery Association Auction 2011

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Workshops, Events, and Societies' started by jimmyq, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Is today (Feb 8)! At the UFG building in south Burnaby. Mainly geared towards those in the industry but anyone is welcome to attend and buy a bidding card to take part in the fun. The proceeds go towards student scholarships and the association itself. Starts at about 3:30 and will go till about 7 or so.

Items listed here: http://tinyurl.com/4lryovs

I volunteer at this event each year, this time around I will be on stage with the auctioneer attempting to help out.

best,
    Paul

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

The Hamamelis mollis 'Superba' (listed at above link) is correctly H. 'Rochester', a hybrid between H. mollis and H. vernalis producing early, coppery orange flowers with an exceptional fragrance.

3. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

I helped load that out to a colleague at the end of the auction, I will let him know the next time I see him. He was one of the top three buyers, insisting I help load his truck, he bet me $5 I couldn't fit it all in, I am $5 richer ;) I told him that I learned at an early stage in my career that if the customer wanted to buy something at the nursery we would find a way to load it into / onto their vehicle.