Bamfield - Fungus Festival - Sep 14-16 2017

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Frog, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

2. 4ager

4ager Active Member

Hey Frog, are you around this area? I never even heard of Bamfield until now. It looks beautiful! Trying to figure out how to get from Uclulet to Bamfield straight across. I don't Facebook so can't reply, but would love to go. Is there accommodations or do I bring a tent? Cost for festival? Hope to see you there Frog.

3. Frog

Hi 4ager,

The Bamfield festival is a great a, really nice folks and a wonderful place to be IMNSHO :-)

Attached are more details, as well as the link to info above. The festival specifics have been different each year so I recommend contacting the organizers with your questions.

If things are similar to last year, then accommodation would be up to you. There is a campground, fishing lodges, several B&Bs and a hotel. I suggest ensuring that where you stay is on the same side of the water as the festival main meet up places, because if it is not, then you rely on a water taxi and its hours of operation. So choose wisely.
    Also note that groceries and services are limited in Bamfield, so do yer research.

Two routes to Bamfield: Via Lake Cowichan or via Port Alberni. In the past we noted that Lake Cowichan route can be a bit rougher though both routes are graded regularly. Not sure of current info, but there will be info online or via the organizers. Bring spare tire and good map of route.

If you go, let us know in the forum how it went and share some pictures if you would!
    -frog

Attached Files:

4. Frog

5. 4ager

4ager Active Member

Thanks so much for the info Frog.
    Looks like it's happening next week- I better get on it then. See you there?!

6. Frog

Not able to go this year sadly - be there in spirit. The Bamfield folks are great, I will miss seeing them this year!
    Have fun and please bring us photos :-)

Daniel Mosquin likes this.