British Columbia: Bamboo wanted

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by mike y, Feb 8, 2016.

1. mike y

mike y New Member

are there members with "overgrown or excess" bamboo they would like to share or can offer at a reasonable cost? lets pay it forward if we can as karma's a *itch sometimes.

2. Jessicasilver

Jessicasilver New Member

I have black bamboo you can have if you remove it properly (aka take it ALL, all root systems etc).

3. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hello I just dug out at several ryozome of one of near 1.5m long and several shorter ones
    Pick up neare Brentwood mall
    this is NOT clumping bamboo but I managed to keep mine in a wood planter 1x1m for ten years
    do not wait to long otherwise it will dry out
    it lying on top of the soil now as it will rain it will be ok
    Please TXT or reply via Forum: seven seven three one eight eight 0 two 0

4. Jessicasilver

Jessicasilver New Member

Hi Mike, I sold some black bamboo a few months ago and will have another grouping in about a week -not sure if it will be black or not as I still have to dig the section up. It is beautiful bamboo that I've had to take out just because the original owner just planted it in the ground the way it came (ugh). Message me if you're interested - it will be trenched and ready to go but quite heavy so it will need more than one person to move.

5. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    I don't know why I get this reply. Mine is FREE I am not running a business. Sharing recycling upcycling is my thing. I will NOT want to give it to someone who will sell it again ...this forum should not allow SALE adds

6. Jessicasilver

Jessicasilver New Member

Sorry - I don't know why but the system sent me MIKE'S above message. No one is out to make money off you, that doesn't even make sense based on what was written above. The original poster asks about reasonable bamboo costs and my replace was a mistake. Let's move on.

7. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

When you posted to the thread on Thurs 5:57pm , you subscribed to all future updates within it. This has been the way the software works since we started. Also, when you posted, you activated the thread again, so @Jessicasilver received a notification that there was activity, and she then posted again... anyway, original poster requested something at a reasonable cost, so it is permissible for someone to reply and offer something at a reasonable cost.

Jessicasilver likes this.