Apple Tree going orangey brown

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by HassinRasool, May 2, 2007.

1. HassinRasool

HassinRasool Member

I've just put my 5ft apple, pear, and plum trees outside and the pear and plum seem to have adapted well but the apple one is not; its leaves are going orange/brown and falling off (it doesnt look like rust, just rotting) and the green branches that grew are going orangey brown as well, should i take them back inside or is there anything i can do to help it?

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Try taking samples to local authorities or experts. Here we have volunteers and agents representing Cooperative Extension Service, there if you have the same opportunities they would be provided by Agriculture Ministry I expect. A garden center with trusted knowledgeable ownership or staff might also be able to help.

3. HassinRasool

HassinRasool Member

The trees have actually gone very rusty now, sorry a noobs diagnosis which was wrong! I've been spraying them with a spray i got from the shops but does not seem to be helping, is rust a fatal thing for a tree? should i take it back inside?
    We dont have any local authorities that do that kind of thing and all the experts do is say is to use a spray (i have found them to be very unhelpful)