Amarylis care

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by antpaubarcar, Sep 17, 2017.

1. antpaubarcar

antpaubarcar Member

Hi

I bought 3 potted bulbs of different amarylis flower colors last January (as I am in Portugal, last winter)
    Flowers lasted about a month and a half but the bulbs still have big leaves as per attached pictures.
    I water them every week but some people say that after the flowers decay the watering should be stopped so the leaves dry and fall off, help apreciated

Kind regards

Helder

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I don't think it's an issue, the longer the leaves stay on, the more the bulb will expand.

3. thanrose

thanrose Active Member 10 Years

Mine in Florida often retain their leaves throughout the spring and then summer. They are just now putting on new growth . I would expect blooms in mid winter.

4. antpaubarcar

antpaubarcar Member

Hi Daniel,
    many tks for your reply, i will keep on watering and feeding them and wait for them to florish again...
    kind regards
    Helder

Hi Thanrose
    Mine are getting more and bigger leaves since the flowers have gone, I will continue to care for them and hope they will florish again, thank you for your reply,
    Kind regards
    Helder

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017