Adding or editing entry - not accepted

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Frog, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Today I was not able to add or edit an entry in Fungus and Lichen ID Resources on The Web http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/local_links.php?catid=12

The error message was "Forum does not exist" so I'm thinking perhaps this could be due to somewhat recent forum moves/changes? Or perhaps it is just a temporary glitch of this morning. I'll keep trying, but would you let me know if there is a fix needed?

frog

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Try now. It had to do with the merger of the fungus ID and the fungus appreciation and discussion forums from a few months ago. The links "forum" was associated with the one that was merged out of existence.

3. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thank you Daniel,
    It accepted my new entry, but turned me down on editing an old entry because "It is not possible to determine if you are allowed access to this entry, because it is associated with a forum that no longer exists. Linkid, forumid= 185, 199"
    Which makes sense.
    So, I'm thinking I could update an old entry by retyping it as a new entry with edits, then deleting the old entry. Tho, it might not allow me to delete I spose.
    No big deal tho, I can always make a new entry clearly indicating it is an update to an old one.
    :-)
    frog

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sure, just let me know if I have to delete something that's been replaced by something newer.