Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Pink Lace'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by chimera, Feb 19, 2007.

1. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

Have only had this one about a year, too early to comment. Understand it is so named because of the pinkish leaf margins. Pics #1 and #2 May 17/06. Pic #3 May 5/07. Pics #4 and #5 May17/07.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. spookiejenkins

spookiejenkins Active Member

Does anyone else have a 'Pink Lace'?

3. chimera

The colour is quite nice this year, hoping it's settled in and stable now. Haven't noticed this colouration on other dissectums, but certainly haven't seen all of them. Very little dieback. It's in full sun till late afternoon. Pics May 16/09.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. mattlwfowler

mattlwfowler Active Member Maple Society

Looks alot like irish lace, in color at least.

5. chimera

Thanks matt, haven't seen 'Emerald Lace, but sounds interesting. The tree here tends towards pink and yellow fall colours if memory serves me, it seems better colourwise than the few regular viridis group trees here so far this year. A little hard to distinguish between all of the dissectums here in the photo gallery without checking many individual trees, maybe a different title or subsection for them would be helpful. Seems to be quite a proliferation of relatively recent introductions.

6. mattlwfowler

mattlwfowler Active Member Maple Society

^Irish lace not Emerald lace...but emerald lace is another nice new green dissectum :). In fact, if I had to pick just one green dissectum it would be between Emerald lace and Green hornet. Of course I haven't acquired all of them...yet.

7. chimera

Right thanks, I'll check it out, lol, not sure what i was thinking. Prefer the 'Filigree' here for a green dissectum, it's hard to capture its appearance well in the photos I've seen. Kind of over my limit here it seems, for now, and can't help but wonder how many gardeners some people will or must have to help take care of their plants. This "Pink Lace' still seems to be holding it's colour well, because of the cool weather I suppose, and seems it kept its fall colour for a reasonable time. Have a couple of Viridis group trees that are only coloured up for about a week before dropping their leaves. 'Sekimori' has been a good green with consistently good yellow fall colour in this climate. Resisted a young 'Green Hornet' a while ago, but haven't seen a mature plant.

Last edited: May 29, 2009