Acer palmatum 'Atropupureum'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by NyxLimit, May 3, 2009.

1. NyxLimit

NyxLimit Member Maple Society

This one is about 4 years old

Attached Files:

2. Vera Marina

Vera Marina Member

How tall is it? Beautiful! What kind of climate do you have? I've heard that if it is cold/er climate, they do not grow as tall as they would in a warmer climate. I wonder if that is true.Of course "colder" or "warmer" is not an accurate term. I suppose we are talking about colder/cooler summers. I leave in a colder climate and I kind of hope my Atropurpureum is not going to grow to 3-4 meters.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  3. NyxLimit

I live in The Netherlands, and is here spring now, so around 20'C, the summers are warmer around 28'C
    It is now almost 2 metres high

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  4. NyxLimit

The spring came and the leafs start to pop out again, and when i looked at it closely i saw 'flowers' for the first time, hoping there will be seedlings soon :)

I will try to post some new pictures as soon as possible

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  5. aromanowski

aromanowski New Member

I am sorry for reviving this old thread, but... your tree is awesome. I have just planted mine outside by the street and hope it can be just as beautiful as the one you have posted. This may be one of the "classical" cultivars but is just a remarkable tree and the colours are just amazing.
    I do not know if you are still in the forum, but do you have any current pictures?

-Andres