Indoor Dracaena

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Decisiontang, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Decisiontang

Decisiontang New Member

Hello,

I am novice gardener. I recently brought a dracaena and am keeping it indoors. I’m worried because several of the leaves had brown spots when I bought it they just seemed like natural wear and tear (and this was from Home Depot) but now several healthy leaves have brown lines horizally across their width and it’s causing them to flop over. Any advice? Could this be from the cold temperature?

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The brown lines seen in the first and second photos appear to be from physical damage to the leaf. Not much you can do about that. The plant appears to be quite healthy as seen in the third photo. Probably nothing to worry about. Monitor the situation and see what happens.

Daniel Mosquin and Decisiontang like this.
  3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I'm glad to see Junglekeeper's reply. I thought it was an exceptionally good-looking plant and didn't think there was anything to worry about at this point. Leaves do not stay on forever. You will lose bottom leaves - the "trunk" area is where old leaves used to be. The old leaves will look like the one in your second photo, and eventually they will go entirely brown and you can pull them off. If you get damage at the growing tip, then you worry.

Decisiontang likes this.
  4. Decisiontang

Decisiontang New Member

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

5. Decisiontang

Decisiontang New Member

Thank you very much!