Plants appear to be sentient beings

Discussion in 'Plants: In the News' started by wcutler, Aug 4, 2017.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

This is a two-minute video on Facebook, with almost 2 million views, extracted from an 18-minute opening remarks speech by Kenny Ausubel, Bioneers CEO and Founder. This speech was given at the 2016 National Bioneers Conference.

The Facebook posting links to the full speech at Kenny Ausubel: Imagining Our Way Out of the Unimaginable | Bioneers 2016.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Author of "When Healing Becomes a Crime: The Amazing Story of the Hoxsey Cancer Clinics and the Return of Alternative Therapies"

Hoxsey Therapy - Wikipedia

I'm sure he's doing quite well for himself.

3. wcutler

Thanks, Daniel. So the "science now shows ..." is his own pseudoscience? I was enjoying thinking of my plants recognizing when I was visiting them.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Outstanding claims need outstanding evidence, and I'm not seeing too much in the scientific literature about this (I didn't watch the video).

The Nature of Things Smarty Plants documentary discusses plant "intelligence" in an approachable, scientific manner.

5. wcutler