Can a Split Rock Plant survive with only one leaf?

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by mvista888, Nov 30, 2015.

1. mvista888

mvista888 Member

Hi. I purchased several lithops and split rock plants some time in November. I transferred them to a larger planter to create a little rock garden. I haven't watered the plants at all since I purchased them. The planter is by a south-facing window where it gets plenty of filtered light. They all seemed to be doing fine but last Saturday, I noticed that one leaf of the split rock is shriveling. The other half though is still firm to the touch. Can anyone tell me if the plant will survive with only one leaf or if the other half will eventually die off as well? The first picture shows the planter. The second picture shows the plant in question. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. mandarin

mandarin Active Member 10 Years

I have limited experience with this type of plants, but when I have seen rot in one leaf it has usually spread to the other one. Pleiospilos is relatively sensitive too, so I think there is little hope for your plant.

3. mvista888

mvista888 Member

Thanks for your reply. Today, the smaller leaf is totally gone. The remaining leaf still looks ok but like you said, I have little hope it will survive. If it does though, I will post an update.