Likes given or received

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Sundrop, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

Can't figure it out how to see all the likes given or received by a member? A "like" is similar to a posting, like with postings, it should be possible to see them all.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I don't think there's a way to see likes given. Do you also want to see a list of all of the postings a person has made that have received likes?

3. Sundrop

It would be nice and informative.

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I'm sure in the new system, I used to be able to see the likes I received, but I can't access my own likes now. It's not really important to me, just something I think has changed, and I don't remember if you mentioned anything about that.

If people use "likes" as if they were bookmarks, it would be useful then to be able to find posts or threads that that you thought would be something you'd want to find again. Or is there some alternate bookmark function? For people who reply to a lot of postings, it doesn't help much to look at the threads you're following.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

You can see the likes you received by clicking the link on your pop-up member profile in the upper right. But, there doesn't seem to be a way to see someone else's. Using likes as bookmarks is not really the intended use of them -- we discussed this in an earlier thread as to what likes should represent.

6. Daniel Mosquin

There is a Bookmark paid add-on: Bookmarks

We could consider purchasing it, I suppose.

7. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

That doesn't mean people won't come up with some other use that suits them. If you satisfy the request here to see likes given without having bookmarks, I can't guarantee I won't use them illegally. But don't install the bookmark thing just for me.

8. Sundrop

Since I can see mine it means other members can see theirs, it means they are stored somewhere and it is only a matter of retrieving and allowing to display them. In my opinion it is nothing to be kept secret and could be quite useful to see.

9. Sundrop

Could you, please, extract this info and post it here? I suppose it is somewhere in the threat with 144 posts in it, what makes it difficult to sift through.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  10. Daniel Mosquin