Ask a Question, and Media, on the main toolbar

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by wcutler, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Or not. There are no permissions that prevent private albums from being created.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

How does it look now? I've opened the album up to members.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I could see everything before, since I am an admin, so Wendy will need to reply.

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I can see the photos in the posting now, instead of the links.
    From your profile popup, I can see that you have 1 album and 5 media. When I click those numbers, I get taken to them.
    When I click Media, then Media Index, I get shown five photos, with no indication that the second one is a video (though instream in this thread, the video play button is visible).
    Browse Albums brings up Junglekeeper's album and my empty album. When I mouse over Junglekeeper's, at least in Firefox, the photos (and video thumb) circle through. The album cover is the video.
    There is no media shared with me.

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Bumping, now that Ask a Question seems even more prominent. I find it nasty, since its functionality is limited in what it searches and what hits it returns. It's not encouraging in any way. To me, that text means people can ask a direct question of you (Daniel) the owner or me the documenter. "Ask a Question" means ask a question, not do a search. Can you either change the text on the button to "Search Titles" or remove it? That's a lot of buttons anyway. Or have it call the useful Search routine and use the magnifying glass icon. Speaking of which, when I scroll, on the next line with the four icons on the right, the search icon disappears. It seems funny that you have to be at the top of a thread to do a search.

6. Daniel Mosquin

I've dropped Ask a Question, we'll see if anyone complains. Otherwise, the fewer things I need to maintain / update, the better.

wcutler likes this.