Seeking epiphyllum cuttings

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sidekicks2003, Apr 9, 2011.

1. sidekicks2003

sidekicks2003 Member

Hello there, I have been trying to get epiphyllum cuttings here in Canada but all on ebay are from the USA and am unable to get them shipped to Vancouver Island. Does anyone know where I can buy some here on Vancouver Island. Any help will be much appreciated. I have an anormous amount of Deutsche Kaiserin if interested.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

If no response from anyone here, you can try the specific <a href="http://www.epiforums.com/" title="EpiForums">EpiForums</a> (I know their forums show no posts -- you seem to have to register before you can see any content)

3. sidekicks2003

sidekicks2003 Member

thank you

4. Darrow

Darrow Member

Hello Sidekicks,

You are looking for places to purchase epiphyllum cuttings. My friend and I were also seeking the same and we found two names who do so. One is actually in Canada. I have previously purchased from them myself. The name is Marie K. Lowen and it is out west, close to where you are. Another place found was Jim Hunters Gotepis. He is in the USA but e-mailed that he mails cuttings to Canada - claims he has done so for many years. Soon as it warms up here where I live in Ontario I will be ordering from either of those two.
    BTW, you mention you have many Deutsche Kaiserin cuttings. Are you selling or giving away?

Cheers

5. Darrow

Darrow Member

6. sidekicks2003

sidekicks2003 Member

Thank you so much from an eppie fanatic, but unfortynately they are in California to, LOL.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. Rosemary

Rosemary Member

Hi Sidekicks, are you still wanting Epiphyllum cuttings ?
    I have a number of large plants of what I'm guessing are epiphyllum ackermannii. If you would like some cuttings from these, I'd be happy to send you some.
    Rosemary

PS, I'm in Alberta

8. Lorraine Leszczak

Lorraine Leszczak New Member

Hello I would love to get s Deutschland Kaiserin cutting I'm in Alberta and can send u a yellow Eli cutting pls email me at ljleszczsk@hotmail.com

9. Lorraine Leszczak

Lorraine Leszczak New Member

Hello Rosemary... I am in Edmonton Alberta and would love to purchase some cuttings if u could please contact me email ljleszczak@hotmail.com

10. sidekicks2003

sidekicks2003 Member

Hi, Darrow Yes I used to buy from Jim but he lost all his collections and does not sell eppies (epiphyllums) anymore. Plus I buy from Florida and England but my friend in the UK has moved and is starting all over again in Brazil so it will be a bit before I can but from them again. But I have gotten myself a not so bad of a collection and I was putting my website in here if anyone is still looking. I am in Courtenay BC and my website is www.kittseppies.ca name 'Epiphyllum Sales & C.C.J Maintenance or send me a private message through FaceBook 'Cheryl S G Cormier' Do you know how I can reach Marie K. Lowen?

11. Velosh

Velosh Member

Hi Sidekicks,

I thought of this thread when I saw this flower. I think it's an epiphyllum... but I'm not 100% sure and unfortunately the flower hasn't opened yet. If it is an epiphyllum then the place that I saw it from is called Garden in Garden and it's in Richmond BC. They have a whole row of them and all of them are in that flowering stage.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

12. sidekicks2003

sidekicks2003 Member

Yes it is an Epiphyllum, as to its name or back ground no one knows But if you hear or see of any one looking for or has you are welcome to give them my website.

Cheryl Cormier
    Bus
    kitt5607@shaw.ca with the word " eppies " in the subject line please
    Website
    www.kittseppies.ca

13. Velosh

Velosh Member

Will do. Thanks.